Stars of Music, Dance and Screen in the musical project THE PARLIAMENT OF SOULS. This international project is dedicated to all souls and remembers those who can no longer be with us. There are many good reasons to participate. Thank you for your support!
Joe Lynn Turner (USA)
Celeste Buckingham (USA/SK)
Ivan Kral (USA/CZ)
Chantal Poullain (FR)
Juwana Jenkins (USA)
Justin Lavash (GB)
heart-shaped pin badge
DVD / Blu-Ray
Angel Wings – unique lamp with wings by I. Maurer
"Angel's Wings" lamp
shooting of the music video
Ivana Chýlková & Mikoláš Orlický & Van Maule
Ivana Chýlková & Štěpánka Orlická
Vladimír Van Maule (DOP) & Ivana Chýlková
Zdenek Berry Beran - project's author and producer
J. Cingroš, E. Valentová, C. Buckingham, Z. Beran
QR code (facebook)
It has three parts:
• a music video
• a documentary about the making of the video
• a world premiere concert on November 5, 2016 in the Žofín Palace in Prague How did it begin.
The project is based around a music video - set to a Villonesque ballad by Michal Horáček called "Vláda dušiček", which we made independently in a Czech version.
The idea of recording a video was given to the music composer Zdenek "Berry" Beran by the Chicago-based cameraman of Czech origin, Vladimir Van Maule, who suggested making a poetic film rendering of the song after listening to a first demo. Subsequently, after a very positive international response to the completed Czech version of the video, we decided to try this year and implement an international version in English and reach out to collaborate with several named artists...
This initially foolish enthusiastic dream, in which, apart from the artists, only a few believed, has now become a reality, and the project is nearing completion, with the participation of outstanding personalities in the world music scene!
With the international musical project THE PARLIAMENT OF SOULS we hope to remind all who hear and see it that we should always be grateful for the gift of the departed, not only to our own ancestors, but also the important personalities of society.
All artists who participate in honour of the memory of Václav Havel. Our project intends to be a worthy contribution to honoring his memory. We would like to commemorate the values Václav Havel had always espoused, which still have a vital role to play both in Czech society and around the world.
We believe these are good reasons why you should participate in this beautiful project.
Thank you for your support.
The project has three parts:
1. The recording of a new audio tracks for the video "The Parliament of Souls", which was created based on a Villonesque ballad by Michal Horáček, set to music by composer Zdeněk "Berry" Beran, sung by František Segrado and with subsequent image processing by the film director Mikoláš Orlický. The video stars Ivana Chýlková and, dancing, Zuzana Šimáková, soloist of the National Theatre Ballet. The music video was shot on location at an old cemetery in Prague where Václav Havel’s ancestors have been buried since the 18 th century. VIZE 97, The Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation, is the official patron of the video. Our team is made up of people who either knew Václav Havel in person, or who feel a deep affinity to and respect for him. This gives us all a great motivation and determination to complete the project.
The song "The Parliament Of Souls" was set for six performers. Each of them recorded one of the four parts in English - some in the form of duets, the last part sung in English in parallel to a recitation of the French version of the text. The English and French texts were translated by Mícheál Úa Séaghdha, and Zuzana Tomanová (long-time translator and interpreter to Václav Havel) in cooperation with Frederique Smetana.
Vocal parts were recorded by Joe Lynn Turner (lDeep Purple, Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen etc.), Celeste Buckingham, Ivan Král (U2, Patti Smith Gorup, David Bowie, Iggy Pop) and Justin Lavash. Chantal Poullain and Juwana Jenkins will record their parts in October 2016. Subsequently, the recording will be finished in post-production in London's legendary Abbey Road studios.
2. A documentary film about the creation and filming of the project, called "In Love We Trust" directed by Janek Cingroš. Artists involved in the project will appear in the documentary, asked to give their world view and define their moral values, values that this world cannot ignore.
3. The premiere of the video & the documentary film, which will be held in Prague's Žofín Palace on November 5, 2016, starting 19 pm. Part of the event will be concert performances of the artists:
Joe Lynn Turner
The Oskar Petr trio
Zdeněk Podhůrský & Underhill
Johana "Joy Joy" Freywaldová
Brass Sextet of the Prague Castle Guard Orchestra
The evening will be hosted by Vaclav Marhoul and Edita Valentová.
We are a long-term cooperative team of people who believe that nothing is impossible! This is reflected in our strong personal motivation and willingness to complete this challenging project in its entirety.
Zdeněk "Berry" Beran - producer, composer, chief project coordinator
Mikoláš Orlický - movie director and scriptwriter
Janek Cingroš - director of the documentary film
Vladimir Van Maule - cinematographer, creator of the theme
Kateřina Skořepová - painter
Jakub V. Mírek - supervisor, project coordinator
Edita Valentová - spokesperson, PR
The Massimo Filippi Agency and many more
We believe that art connects us, enriches us and makes us more receptive and tolerant.
Our motto: "In love we trust"